Tuesday 14 February 2017

Living arrows 7/52 - Hooray for annual leave!



I do love my work. It gives me structure to my day, it gives me focus for the week and goals to achieve for the year. I love to stretch myself and push myself to achieve all that I can, but amongst all the stress and pressure I do need a break every now and again. I booked some leave off work for three days, and actually managed to take said leave for one of those days!

After failing on my first two days off last week I decided that Monday was going to be a mummy and Riley day. I took the time to visit my parents at the weekend and refused to take my works phone or laptop with me.

We took the opportunity to visit one of the parks I used to go to all the time when I was a child; Eglinton park in Irvine. It's one of the nicer places to visit in Irvine with lovely grounds to walk around and get lost in if you have no sense of direction similar to me!

We started off at the kids play park where he had lots of fun coming down the slides and on the trampoline.


I convinced Riley it would be fun to go on a bear hunt around the grounds and he was quite excited. It had been years since I had last been in this park, so quite why I decided that to go exploring would be a good thing I'll never know! I helped Riley find a stick and off we went on our adventure around the park, Riley poking his stick in every hole, puddle and patch of mud. It wasn't long until he broke his stick in half and got quite upset. We spent a further 10 minutes trying to locate another stick which was of similar 'stickiness' to the last one.



 It didn't take long for me to majorly regret the decision to walk around the park as my feet started turning to blocks of ice in my boots. I have always been someone who walks quickly, I can't stand waiting about and its something I am still struggling to let go of as I continue to give Riley the freedom to walk himself without a buggy. He is a wanderer and is very happy to stop and play with everything and as much as it can become annoying spending 5 minutes staring at a puddle, I do love watching him learn through exploration.


It makes me laugh that every time I ask Riley to smile for the camera he pulls the most ridiculous faces! He is not the most photogenic when it comes to forced photos.


As part of my goals for this year I want to ensure i capture as much of Riley's Childhood as possible, so have decided to join in with Living Arrows from this week onwards. It is a simple idea to capture moments of childhood - "You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth." This is run over on What the Redhead Said's blog. I'm hoping I can keep this up once a week to prompt me to take more photos with my big camera than with my phone and to capture the memory behind the image. You can find out more about his project at the below link. 


Living Arrows

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos p, i get u when it comes to kids being slow we live 5 mins from apark and when I walk with Blake it takes 30 mins or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely set of photos, and I love his camera smile, haha! It is so funny how they develop these things! x #LivingArrows

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a lovely day out and it's so good that you managed to switch off from work for at least a day - I need to do this more as often find myself tied to my laptop! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos though I will never understand the love od sticks and more importantly the RIGHT sticks! #LivingArrows

    ReplyDelete